The summer may be winding down, but you’d never guess it from this month’s workout playlist. While June and July featured an assortment of sunny pop songs, August’s top picks are more eclectic in two main ways: tempo and genre. With some faster songs and greater variety in your mix, you’ll be perfectly equipped to make the most of the diminishing daylight.
If you’re browsing by tempo, you’ll find a warm-up track from EDM favorites Krewella and a perfectly-titled cool down track from Demi Lovato. In between, you’ll find plenty of music around 130 beats per minute (BPM) and a couple power tracks that’ll push you above 150 BPM. If you’re looking for highlights by genre, check out the dancefloor smash from Cash Cash, the remix from David Guetta, or comeback singles from one-time Disney star Hilary Duff and ’90s rockers Third Eye Blind.
Between the pop, rock, and club stars — and the range of tempos — you should find the exact tracks you need to round out your existing mix. Alternatively, you can take this month’s picks and use them wholesale–using their diversity to keep you engaged and moving.
Here’s the full list, according to a poll on Run Hundred — the web’s most popular workout music blog.
- Krewella – “Somewhere to Run” – 112 BPM
- Hilary Duff – “Sparks” – 122 BPM
- Cash Cash – “Surrender” – 128 BPM
- Mako & Madison Beer – “I Won’t Let You Walk Away” – 128 BPM
- Third Eye Blind – “Everything Is Easy” – 128 BPM
- David Guetta, Nicki Minaj & Afrojack – “Hey Mama (Modern Machines Remix)” – 128 BPM
- We Are Twin – “Come Alive” – 159 BPM
- Jeremih & Flo Rida – “Tonight Belongs to U!” – 130 BPM
- The Mowgli’s – “Bad Dream” – 168 BPM
- Demi Lovato – “Cool for the Summer” – 114 BPM
Check out this month’s top 10 workout songs on Run Hundred: www.RunHundred.com.
For more by Chris Lawhorn, click here.
For more from HuffPost Workouts, click here.
– This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.
Read more here:: Huffintonpost