There are days that you cannot wait to get to the gym and feel the burn, and there are other days you can hardly get yourself moving. The thought of working out on those days makes getting your teeth pulled feel like a more appealing option. Despite how you feel, if you want to look and feel great this summer you have to shift your attitude and make those workouts happen. Keep in mind that nothing can bring your self-esteem down quicker than having a poor self-image.
1. Set goals: Set goals on which days and how many days you will workout during a week and do not allow for flexibility. Goals can only be achieved with an unceasing commitment to following through. Choose goals that are reachable with your schedule, and put these goals in your daily minder to be able to cross them off once you have finished them to completion. Each goal you cross off will motivate you to do it again and again.
Happiness is a byproduct of achieving.
2. Create and image: Create an image of what you want your body to look and feel like, taking into account your genetics and body type. Now that you have that image, start working towards it with exercise and diet. Diet is responsible for the majority of weight loss but exercise burns excess fat and gets you firm in the places you need it. When you are committed to eating clean you will immediately feel better and have more energy to exercise. When you eat a healthy diet you are more inspired to exercise and vice versa.
3. Make and appointment: If getting to the gym is hard, then make an appointment with a friend, a trainer or a class teacher that you commit to being there. Sometimes having an appointment or having someone to workout with and keep you accountable will get you to the gym on the days you are fighting going.
4. Music: Music is motivation. Create several exercise playlists that will help inspire you to workout. Sometimes a great playlist will be enough to get you to the gym, so you can not only enjoy working out, but also enjoy tuning out into great music for an hour. Music has the power to instantly brighten your mood and distract you from the efforts of exercise.
5. Reward yourself: If you are going to workout, lose weight, look more fit, get toned and become stronger then you may as well reward yourself with a massage, a cheat day, or a day of total rest to create a great balance as well as more motivation to workout and eat right. One of the best rewards you can give yourself is to go shopping for that new and improved body of yours.
Working out and staying fit isn’t just about looking good. Your self-image is directly impacted by what you think and feel about your body. Your body is the home you live and there is no escaping it. Working out and eating correctly is likened to cleaning your house. If you never picked your house up, little by little it would become toxic. If you look at exercise from this vantage point, and not just from the desire to look good, you have a greater chance of staying motivated. Live clean and be lean.
Sherapy Advice: Love yourself and make taking care of your body a normal part of your everyday life.
– This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.
Read more here:: Huffintonpost