Pop rules in this month’s workout music recap. First off, you have the lingering effects of this year’s MTV Video Music Awards. Collaborations pairing Ariana Grande with Zedd and Iggy Azalea with Rita Ora both received a significant boost in popularity following performances on this year’s broadcast. Moreover, the show is where Taylor Swift debuted the first single from her new album. “Shake It Off” was the most popular workout song in our monthly poll. Moreover, at 160 beats per minute (BPM), it’s the best song in the list for running.
Remixers also racked up three big tunes this month. Zedd makes his second appearance in the the list with an uptempo version of the summertime smash “Rude.” OneRepublic also find their latest release reworked for the club. Though both of those tracks are geared for the dance floor, they’d be equally great for a jogging or walking. For a lower rep routine — like kettlebells or Pilates — you might check out the Surkin remix of Charli XCX’s “Boom Clap.” At 93 BPM, it’s on the slower side of things, but it’s lives up to its title with thunderous production that’ll power you through your next session.
On the whole, Top 40 tracks dominate this month’s list. But, there should also be enough alternate versions — plus some crossover hits from upstarts like Kongos and Echosmith — to keep things interesting. So, if you’re looking for something new to freshen up your gym playlist, you’ll find 10 great places to start below.
Here’s the full list, according to a poll on Run Hundred — the web’s most popular workout music blog.
- Echosmith – “Cool Kids” – 130 BPM
- Magic – “Rude (Zedd Remix)” – 130 BPM
- Kiesza – “Hideaway” – 123 BPM
- Demi Lovato & Cher Lloyd – “Really Don’t Care” – 121 BPM
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora – “Black Widow” – 82 BPM
- Charli XCX – “Boom Clap (Surkin Remix)” – 93 BPM
- Kongos – “Come With Me Now” – 104 BPM
- Ariana Grande & Zedd – “Break Free” – 130 BPM
- OneRepublic – “Love Runs Out (Grabbitz Remix)” – 124 BPM
- Taylor Swift – “Shake It Off” – 160 BPM
Check out this month’s top 10 workout songs on Run Hundred: www.RunHundred.com.
For more by Chris Lawhorn, click here.
For more from HuffPost Workouts, click here.
Read more here:: Huffintonpost