By Nora Tobin
Our schedules can sometimes feel a little overwhelming. Between the long work hours, busy social calendars and the balancing act of relationships, it’s not always easy to find the time to make it into the gym. The key is to find a go-to workout you can do from anywhere, just in case your day does not permit a gym visit. This will help keep you fit from anywhere. You can always count on feeling and looking your best, no matter the circumstance.
My job takes me on the road, and I do not always have the time or energy to find a local gym. This summer I was working every weekend in LA or New York. In order to keep myself from gaining the road weight, I had to make sure I fit in at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday. This workout routine helped to keep me energized throughout the day, strengthened and toned my legs and made me feel much better about myself when I got back to town. It also curbed my cravings and helped me make better food choices. I fit in my share of delectable delights but overall it was much easier to eat healthy foods after this workout.
Perform the routine three times per week. Once you have finished the entire workout, repeat the entire routine two more times. No equipment required!
Single Leg Squat
1. Place all the weight on your right foot. Deeply bend your knee, shift hips back and lower down until thigh is close to parallel with the ground. Bring arms forward up to shoulder height to help with balance.
2. Press through the entire foot to come back to standing. Keep core engaged and chest up the entire time.
3. Perform 20 reps each side.
Plank with Leg Raise
1. Come onto your forearms with elbows under shoulders and hands clasped. Pop up onto the balls of your feet, forming a straight line from heels to head. Draw belly button up and in and gaze a few inches in front of fingers.
2. Engage glutes to lift right leg up to hip height. Come back to center and lift left leg up to hip height. Continue alternating using the strength in your glutes to lift.
3. Perform 20 legs lifts each side.
1. Stand with feet hip width and parallel. Bring arms up to frame the ears and draw the shoulder blades together. Deeply bend knees, shift hips back and lower down until thighs are parallel with the floor.
2. Hold this position for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Maintain proper alignment with knees behind toes, chest up and hips back.
Side Plank with Leg Raise
1. Come onto your right hand with shoulder directly above the wrist. Stack feet and press hips high off the ground. Deeply engage core and keep hips lifted.
2. Raise left leg up off the right leg. Maintain a still position with torso and hips. Lower leg back down and repeat the movement. Engage the gluteus medius (side of butt) to help lift the leg up.
3. Perform 10 leg raises each side.
1. Stand with feet hip width and parallel. Deeply bend knees, shift hips back and swing arms back by your sides.
2. Explosively jump off the ground as high as possible. Swing your arms up over head to help with momentum.
3. Land softly with chest up and hips back. Immediately jump off the ground again as high as possible. Continue to use arms for momentum and keep chest up.
4. Perform 10 reps.
If you have time, add in these six killer core moves to the end of your workout- http://www.stumblinginstilettos.com/3-core-moves-look-killer-crop-top/
Also on The Huffington Post:
Read more here:: Huffintonpost